1. What does 9kg capacity mean for a washing machine?
A 9kg washing machine can hold up to 9 kilograms of laundry in a single cycle. This means you can wash larger loads of laundry at once, saving you time and energy.
2. What are the benefits of a 9kg washing machine?
A 9kg washing machine has several benefits, including:
- Larger capacity: A 9kg washing machine can handle larger loads of laundry in a single cycle, which means you can save time and energy by doing fewer loads.
- Suitable for larger households: It is ideal for larger households, where there is more laundry to be done.
- Energy-efficient: A 9kg washing machine can be more energy-efficient than smaller machines, as it can wash larger loads of laundry in a single cycle, which means fewer loads and less energy consumption.
- Saves water: Washing larger loads of laundry in a 9kg machine means using less water overall, which can be more environmentally friendly and cost-effective.
- Reduces wear and tear on clothes: It can be gentler on clothes, as the larger drum allows for more space for clothes to move around, reducing the risk of damage from friction or overcrowding.
3. What size washing machine do I need?
When it comes to buying a washing machine, determining the right size can be tricky. Ultimately, it will depend on a few factors;
The standard size of washing machines varies based on model and make but are mostly catered towards small to medium-sized families. A washing machine with a capacity of 8-10kg can typically accommodate the laundry needs of a family of four to five, and in this case, the Altus 9kg Front Loader Washing Machine would be the perfect appliance. For a smaller family, we recommend checking out Altus’ 7kg Front Loader Washing Machine.
If family members are frequent launderers, then a larger washing machine may be necessary. The types of clothing do play a factor, more bulky clothing items such as comforters, towels and bedding will require a larger washing machine for accommodation. Additionally, a more advanced washing machine can provide different setting for bulky items such as economic functions allow for high energy washes with a saving in water usage which is better for the environment.
Measuring the space of the proposed location for the washing machine is important but also, accounting for the clearance space required due to factors such as opening and closing the door, ventilation and accessing detergent drawer. Another important factor is to ensure that there is necessary plumbing and electrical connections to ensure the washing machine can operated safety and securely.
4. Can you wash blankets in a front loader?
Yes, you can wash blankets in a front loader. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
Ideally, you would want to place the blanket carefully around the agitator to ensure that the load is properly balanced. Use the washer drum as a guide to ensure that the blanket is placed correctly.
Depending on the type of blanket material, whether it is cotton, polyester or even fleece, each product will have a set of instructions for each washing cycle. Refer to the tag for instructions such as wash in cold temperature water only.
And if your blanket it too large for standard front loaders, you may want to consider upgrading to a larger washing machine. Also, take into consideration the front loader washing machine water usage, as excessive washing cycles may result in more water usage.
5. Is a 9kg washing machine front loader too big for one person?
A 9kg washing machine front loader can be considered too big for one person, depending on the person's laundry habits. The 9kg capacity is generally more suitable for families with larger laundry loads or for those who prefer to do laundry less frequently.
A smaller machine with a capacity of 5-7kg may be more appropriate for a single person with lighter laundry loads. However, if the individual frequently washes bulky items such as comforters or blankets, a 9kg washing machine may be a good fit.
As mentioned earlier, it is important to consider the available space in the laundry area as well, as a larger machine may not fit comfortably in a smaller space. Ultimately, it's best to choose a machine that fits your specific needs and habits.
If you have questions regarding Altus Washing Machines, check out our FAQs for common queries or get in touch with us.